[SCIP] Releasing variables in Python - 'Test_coloring.py' example

Philippe CHERVI pchervi at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 21 20:40:12 CEST 2020

Hi,

I have worked on Python’s ‘test_coloring.py’ (graph vertex coloring) initially proposed by the SCIP team, eventually getting a working version that I am willing to share with the SCIP community.

However I couldn’t manage to release variables as no ‘releaseVar()’ instruction exists on Pyscipopt, getting pestered by such warnings:
WARNING: Transformed variable <t_Initial_Set_1> not released when freeing SCIP.
WARNING: Transformed variable <t_Initial_Set_0> not released when freeing SCIP.
WARNING: Original variable <Initial_Set_38> not released when freeing SCIP.
WARNING: Original variable <Initial_Set_37> not released when freeing SCIP.

What would be the way to release variables in Python, or is there any specific recommendation to avoid such warnings? If that helps, I can share the code (I use Anaconda’s Spyder and Windows).

Best regards,

Philippe CHERVI