[SCIP] Memory Allocation

Wang, Tony Congqian tony.wang at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Sep 23 12:24:17 CEST 2020

Hello,

I have found a bug in branch_multaggr.c: branchruledata->ratioggain is allocated as block memory but is tried to be freed as normal memory (line 716) which results in an error.

Additionally I have a question about the use of SCIPallocBuffer. The documentation suggest, that buffer memory should only be used when the memory is allocated and freed in the same function. Thus I am wondering, why some structures have "constructors" that use Buffer memory instead of normal memory (e.g.  createConstantAssignment(), createNodedata(), createTcliqueGraph(), initializeMatrix()).

Best Regards,

Tony