[SCIP] assertion failed on variable's probindex

Horváth Markó marko.horvath at sztaki.hu
Tue Aug 31 13:11:47 CEST 2021

Hi there,

I'm working on a branch-and-price approach using SCIP Optimitation Suite
7.0.3 on windows (and on linux, as well). After the problem is solved,
in method SCIPfree (more precisely, method varFree) I get the following
problem:

*Assertion failed: (*var)->probindex == -1, file <my path>\scip\var.c,
line 2682*

since the value of probindex is 16. Can you help me to fix this issue?
As I see, the problem already occures when the first priced variable is
going to be freed

I have already checked previous reports about this problem
(http://listserv.zib.de/pipermail/scip/2017-April/003078.html). Briefly
stated, I use the following steps to create and add priced variables to
the problem (actually, initial variables are added to the problem in the
same way):

SCIPcreateObjVar( scip, &var, varname, 0.0, 1.0, obj,
SCIP_VARTYPE_BINARY, initial, FALSE, vardata, TRUE )
if( initial )
   SCIP_CALL( SCIPaddVar( scip, var ) );
else
   SCIP_CALL( SCIPaddPricedVar( scip, var, 1.0 ) );
SCIPchgVarUbLazy( scip, var, 1.0 )
SCIPaddCoefLinear(...)
SCIPaddCoefLinear(...)
SCIPreleaseVar( scip, &var )

(Note that assertion (*var)->nuses == 0 does not failed).

Best Regards,
Marko