[SCIP] Error in presolving after restart when doing branch-and-price?

Franzen, Christian franzen at or.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jan 1 22:18:29 CET 2021

Hi SCIP Team.

At the moment I am experimenting with my branch-and-price-and-cut solver and I try to stop pricing when the root node LP relaxation is solved to optimality. I wondered if SCIP is able to just use the current (integer) reduced master problem and execute all that fancy propagators, separators and heuristics to solve it without pricing any further columns.

The implementation of my pricer just looks at the depth of the current node and deactivates my pricer as soon as depth is >0. Of course I set the modifiable flag to false for all constraints. In the logs I see that propagators and separators are doing their job pretty well. However, as soon as I am doing a restart to make all the presolvers run, I get an error message stating that

cons components found 3 undirected components at node 1, depth 0 (0)
[paramset.c:1826] ERROR: parameter <limits/softtime> unknown
[set.c:3061] ERROR: Error <-12> in function call
[scip_param.c:307] ERROR: Error <-12> in function call
[cons_components.c:678] ERROR: Error <-12> in function call
[cons_components.c:760] ERROR: Error <-12> in function call
[cons_components.c:2449] ERROR: Error <-12> in function call
[cons.c:4071] ERROR: Error <-12> in function call
[scip_solve.c:1008] ERROR: Error <-12> in function call
[scip_solve.c:1214] ERROR: Error <-12> in function call
[scip_solve.c:1214] ERROR: Error <-12> in function call
[scip_solve.c:1214] ERROR: Error <-12> in function call
[scip_solve.c:1378] ERROR: Error <-12> in function call
[scip_solve.c:2398] ERROR: Error <-12> in function call
[scip_solve.c:2620] ERROR: Error <-12> in function call

The independent components constraint handler is just trying to read the parameter "limits/softtime". I am not sure why that could stop working from the changes that I have made to my pricer. Any idea what I am doing wrong here? I attach the full SCIP log of an example run.

Regards

Christian