[SCIP] Initial primal bounds when solving an NLP globally with SCIP

Stefan Vigerske svigerske at gams.com
Fri Jul 23 10:31:35 CEST 2021

Hi,

whether Ipopt finds a local optimum and which one that is depends on
many aspects:
- the problem, which is modified by SCIP, e.g., presolve may do
reformulations and domain propagation can change variable bounds
- the starting point, which within SCIP is probably taken as the
solution of the LP relaxation, which is very likely different than what
you used to run Ipopt alone
- the Ipopt parameters, which are changed by SCIP's interface to Ipopt
- different code for the evaluation of functions and first and second
derivatives, which can lead to small differences

Stefan