[SCIP] Accessing final simplex tableau for strong branching children nodes

Prateek Gupta pgupta at turing.ac.uk
Fri Jun 18 10:33:41 CEST 2021

Hi SCIP community,

Is it possible to extract the final solution, i.e., values of the decision variables, in each of the strong branching children nodes?

I came to this function in lp.c​, `SCIPcolGetStrongbranch`. I don't see a way to extract the final solution (values of the decision variables) of each of the children nodes from this function. sbup​ and sbdown​ probably refer to the objective value. Can I also get the final solution? If so, what should I use?

If the above is doable, is it also possible to read the final simplex tableau for each of the children nodes? Specifically, shadow prices and reduced costs?

I am aware that all of the above relies on solving the children nodes exactly, which might not be the case with strong branching. Can you also confirm if the default settings allow for exact solving for the strong branching children?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Prateek Gupta

The Alan Turing Institute is a limited liability company, registered in England with registered number 09512457 with registered offices at British Library, 96 Euston Road, London, England, NW1 2DB. We are also a charity registered in England with charity number 1162533. DISCLAIMER: Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the completeness and accuracy of this e-mail, transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or be incomplete. If you receive a suspicious or unexpected email from us, or purporting to have been sent on our behalf, particularly containing different bank details, please do not reply to the email, click on any links, open any attachments, or comply with any instructions contained within it. Our Transparency Notice found here - https://www.turing.ac.uk/transparency-notice sets out how and why we collect, store, use and share your personal data and it explains your rights and how to raise concerns with us.