[SCIP] Different solving time and solution for the same problem in Soplex

Leon Eifler eifler at zib.de
Mon Nov 8 09:45:03 CET 2021

Hi there,

first off I would like to point out that there is a specific mailing
list for soplex questions: soplex at zib.de.

Could you send the lp file that you are tring to solve, so that I might
try to reproduce the issue and see what the problem is?

> mysoplex.writeFileReal("testingreal.lp", NULL, NULL, NULL); gives
> exactly the same representation as problem.lp above in Problem 1,
> aside from the constraints looking like
> C0 : -1.0000000000000000e+00 x0 >= 0.0000000000000000e+00
> instead of
> - x0 >= 1
> However, when I try to solve this problem using
>
> stat = mysoplex.optimize();
>
> , and print the solution, I obtain a different solution from Problem
> 1, which is strange. This also takes around 20s.

but that is not the same constraint. So it makes sense that the
solutions should be different. Or am I missing somethint?

Best,
Leon