[SCIP] Binary for ARM architecture

Corentin Le Molgat corentinl at google.com
Wed Nov 24 14:10:26 CET 2021

My 2 cents, google/or-tools oss release eng here:
- Since you have a CMake build system you could test arm build using linaro
cross toolchain
simple PoC:
https://github.com/Mizux/cmake-cpp/blob/main/tools/cross_compile.sh
workflows:
https://github.com/Mizux/cmake-cpp/blob/main/.github/workflows/aarch64_toolchain.yml

note I use a Makefile to orchestrate them (
https://github.com/Mizux/cmake-cpp/blob/main/ci/Makefile#L255-L306)

- You could also use docker over qemu on github action workflow to test
build on arm64v8 image (warning: ~x8 on compile time -_- )
https://github.com/Mizux/cmake-cpp/actions/workflows/aarch64_docker.yml
(basically use docker buildx --platform linux/arm64)
doc:
https://github.com/Mizux/cmake-cpp/tree/main/ci#run-arm64v8-image-on-amd64-machine

- For Apple M1 we would like to also support it for Google/OR-Tools, if we
manage to have a M1 machine I'll try to send you my potential CMake patch
if needed.