[SCIP] new handling of nonlinear constraints in SCIP/master

Stefan Vigerske svigerske at gams.com
Thu Sep 2 08:04:27 CEST 2021

Dear early adopters,

a rewrite of the handling of nonlinearities (as in NLP/MINLP) in SCIP
and the addition of new related features has been merged into the
master-branch of SCIP, and thus is available at
https://github.com/scipopt/scip. Note, that the master branch is the
main development branch of SCIP.

The new code can result in significant changes in performance (in any
direction). Further, many parameters were added or removed and the API
to work with expressions, nonlinear constraints, and interfaces to NLP
solvers has changed a lot. The CHANGELOG lists added and removed
features, API functions, and parameters.

For some overview on the motivation, new design, and features added, I
refer to slides from some previous presentations:
- https://www.zib.de/vigerske/consexpr_ifors2021.pdf  (2021)
- https://www.scipopt.org/workshop2020/slides/minlp.pdf (2020)
- https://www.zib.de/vigerske/consexpr_wcgo.pdf  (2019)

Enjoy,
Stefan (for Antonia, Benny, Fabian, Felipe, Ksenia, and me)