[SCIP] Beta Releases of Matlab SCIP(-SDP) Interface and SCIP-SDP

Marc Pfetsch pfetsch at mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Sep 6 19:09:11 CEST 2021

Dear SCIP-users,

with this email, we are announcing the following two beta versions:

- There now is a beta-version of a new Matlab-SCIP (and Matlab-SCIP-SDP)
interface. It builds on the the OPTI Toolbox by Jonathan Currie (see
https://github.com/jonathancurrie/OPTI).

   The new interface supports everything concerning SCIP and SCIP-SDP,
but we stripped away all other software, since we do not have enough
resources to support them. The interface now also runs under Linux and
with Octave. (Note that due to a bug in Octave, the symbolic handling of
nonlinear constraints does not currently work, see the README file.)

   The interface is available here:

   https://github.com/scipopt/MatlabSCIPInterface

   Please read the README file before you try to use it.

- A beta version of SCIP-SDP 4.0.0 is available at

   http://www.opt.tu-darmstadt.de/scipsdp/downloads/scipsdp-4.4.0-beta.tgz

   This version includes many changes behind the scenes and should be
more efficient. For a detailed list of changes, we refer to the changelog.

Both of the above will be discussed in the upcoming release report of
SCIP 8, but they should also work with the current SCIP 7.

We are looking for beta testers for these two versions and would be
happy to hear about your experiences.

Best

Nicolai Simon, Frederic Matter, Marc Pfetsch