[SCIP] SCIP turns 20: Join us for a celebratory workshop on Nov 4, 2022!

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Mon Aug 8 14:29:30 CEST 2022

Dear SCIP community,

This October it will be 20 years since Tobias Achterberg created the
first recorded SCIP commit.  The fact that the project has been so
successful and is still so active today is to a large part due to you as
users and contributors that have provided the motivation and feedback
without which such an academic endeavor cannot thrive.

We invite you all to celebrate this special occasion with a dedicated
workshop on November 4, 2022, at Zuse Institute Berlin.

We are excited to feature two invited presentations by

- Merve Bodur, University of Toronto, on “Methodological Advances in
Two-stage Stochastic Programming”

- Domenico Salvagnin, Università di Padova on “A fix-propagate-repair
heuristic for Mixed Integer Programming”

and many talks on computational mixed integer optimization around SCIP.

Find more information on programme and registration at the workshop webpage

    https://scipopt.org/20years

Last, not least: If you would like to contribute a presentation on your
research with SCIP, please do not hesitate to submit an abstract.  We
are actively looking for contributed presentations!

We hope to see many of you in Berlin!

The organizing committee, on behalf of the entire SCIP team:

Ambros Gleixner, Zuse Institute and HTW Berlin
Marc Pfetsch, TU Darmstadt
Sebastian Pokutta, Zuse Institute Berlin and TU Berlin
Franziska Schlösser, Zuse Institute Berlin