[SCIP] SCIP pricer is generating the same column

Theo Francois theofrancois1 at yahoo.fr
Wed Aug 24 16:59:54 CEST 2022

 Dear Marc,
Thanks for your answer.
The problem seems not to be from reduced costs for two reasons: first, I computed manually a column generation algorithm where these reduced costs were used without issue, second I manually implemented the first column in the initial set and the reduced cost was better, meaning this column is effectively improving the master problem.
The variable bounds are correct and the initial LP also looks correct. I also printed some constraints at the end of the pricer call and it looks like the variables are correctly added to the master problem but I lack a tool to output the LP during the process of column generation (for example at the end of the pricer call), is there a way to do this ? The only function I found was Model.writeProblem() but the output shows only the initial master problem (I tested the function with the binary stock example and the final LP appears only when the whole process of column generation is finished).
Best,
Théo