[SCIP] Strategies for Tuning Parameters in MILP problems & Pyomo compatibility

Stefan Vigerske svigerske at gams.com
Wed Jun 22 12:32:54 CEST 2022

Hi,

On 6/10/22 05:25, aiman social wrote:
> Dear SCIP team,
>
> I am currently working on an MILP scheduling problem using SCIP (with
> python Pyomo framework).
> I’m hoping to get some clarity on the following questions (or if there are
> docs for reference do let me know).
>
> Using Pyomo framework, SCIP 6.0.0 does not seem to report back the final
> “dualbound” and “primalbound”. Is this expected?
> I'm currently reading the gap results based on the SCIP terminal print out.

Pyomo does not have its own native interface to SCIP, but instead relies
on SCIP's AMPL interface. It is therefore limited to the information
that can be passed via AMPL in- and output files. As far as I know, the
AMPL solution file does not provide facilities to report primal or dual
bounds. For the primal bound, you can obviously evaluate the objective
function on a returned solution, if any and feasible, but for the dual
bound, it seems to be indeed expected that you parse the solvers log.

Stefan