[SCIP] Fwd: Problem of "libscip.dll was not found"

Franziska Schloesser schloesser at zib.de
Mon May 9 14:51:01 CEST 2022

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [SCIP] Problem of "libscip.dll was not found"
Date: 	Fri, 29 Apr 2022 00:18:50 +0000
From: 	Fan YANG <fanyangqd at hotmail.com>
To: 	Franziska Schloesser <schloesser at zib.de>

Hi Franziska,

Thanks for the reply! I use Gurobi 8.0.1, where the GUROBI_DIR is
“C:\Gurobi801\win64”.

I did not install the  precompiled executables of SCIP (i.e., .exe
file), and just compiled the SCIP source code by visual studio 2015. The
obtained scip.exe can be launched, which also could solve the
“simple.lp” by Gurobi LP solver.  To solve the problem of "libscip.dll
was not found", I just copied the .dll file to C:\windows\system32. Then
the vrp example also can be executed.

Besides, I previously tried to install the precompiled executables of
SCIP, and the vrp example can be executed. The LP solver is Soplex,
although I used CMake to set SCIP_DIR as the location of the compiled
source code for the vrp example.

Many thanks,

Fan

*发件人**:*Franziska Schloesser <schloesser at zib.de>
*发送时间:* Thursday, April 28, 2022 16:14
*收件人:* Fan YANG <fanyangqd at hotmail.com>
*主题:* Re: [SCIP] Problem of "libscip.dll was not found"

Dear Fan,

    I downloaded scipoptsuite-7.0.1 source code and compiled it by CMake
    GUI in Win 10, where I set “LPS=grb”. The generated scip.exe can be
    launched, which also displayed that the LP solver is Gurobi.

First of all, I'm happy that you seemed to have solved the problem of
compiling with gurobi. Which path did you set as GUROBI_DIR in the end?

    I tried to compile the example of vrp. In the CMake, the SCIP_DIR is
    set as “C:scipoptsuite-7.0.1/cmake”.  I built the vrp project in
    visual studio 2015 successfully.

    When I started it, the program reminded me that: “The code execution
    cannot proceed because libscip.dll was not found. Reinstalling the
    program may fix this problem”.

It looks like you haven't installed scip and thus are missing the
location to libscip.dll in your PATH variable?
Best,
Franziska