[SCIP] question on an assert

James Cussens james.cussens at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Nov 2 10:17:04 CET 2022

Hi all,

I am getting this behaviour when in debug mode and where <t_X9<-{X15}> is a binary variable which I have prohibited from being aggregated (or multi-aggregated):

[var.c:5803] debug: get active variable of <t_X9<-{X15}>
[var.c:4799] debug: variable is not allowed to be aggregated.
gobnilp: src/scip/var.c:5426: SCIPvarTryAggregateVars: Assertion `*aggregated || *infeasible' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

That debug message at line 4799 comes from this:

 /* if the variable is not allowed to be aggregated */
   if( SCIPvarDoNotAggr(var) )
   {
      SCIPsetDebugMsg(set, "variable is not allowed to be aggregated.\n");
      return SCIP_OKAY;
   }

So it appears that not aggregating because it is simply not allowed does not count as aggregation being infeasible (which is reasonable). But then surely the assert is wrong.

Is this assert wrong, or am I missing something?

James

James Cussens
Room MVB 3.26
Dept of Computer Science, University of Bristol
Phone: +44 (0)117 455 8723
https://jcussens.github.io/
Funded PhDs available in Bristol in the following areas: Data Science<http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cdt/compass/>, Interactive AI<http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cdt/interactive-ai/>, Cyber Security<http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cdt/cyber-security/> or Digital Health<http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cdt/digital-health/>.