[SCIP] Trouble with Debian binaries

Pedro L. Magalhães pmag at dtu.dk
Fri Sep 9 17:22:17 CEST 2022

Hello,

I downloaded the binaries for SCIP 8.0.1 (Debian Bullseye) from the
website but was unable to use it successfully (both the .deb and the
.sh installers). I was able to install it but was unable to run any
optimisation: I could read files but all I got were 'Illegal
Autorization' errors every time I tried to optimize the solution to a
problem. I tried it from the command line interface and also via
Python. I ultimately had to compile it from source to get it to work.

Just thought I'd let you know, in case it is not just something
specific to my system.

Regards,
Pedro M.