[SCIP] Help with setting up parallel solve in pyscipopt

Hon Fai Vuong hfvuong at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 14 20:06:48 CEST 2023

 Thanks Matthias, I actually tried to do that after sending the email yesterday.

   - Built the bugfix version via cmake and installed it
   - Created a new conda environment
   - Installed pyscipopt via pip
   - SCIPOPTDIR variable is ignored.

I'll bring this up on the github.
Thanks,Hon Fai
    On Friday, April 14, 2023 at 02:11:54 AM PDT, Miltenberger, Matthias <miltenberger at zib.de> wrote:

 Hi Hon Fai,

Are you installing PySCIPOpt via conda or pip? I suggest using pip if you want to link your custom SCIP installation.
Did you build and install SCIP using CMake? It's important that you don't forget the install step to ensure that the directory structure is set up correctly.
It would be best if you also tried using a fresh conda environment to avoid any configuration traces from previous build/link attempts.

I hope that helps! We can also continue that discussion in a GitHub issue since this is more of a PySCIPOpt issue than a SCIP one.

Cheers,
Matthias

Matthias Miltenberger
Zuse Institute Berlin