[SCIP] Time since last improvement

Mexi, Gioni mexi at zib.de
Wed Aug 9 09:51:49 CEST 2023

Hi Eliel,

I am not aware of such a parameter in SCIP. The closest one is the parameter:

limits/stallnodes          solving stops, if the given number of nodes was processed since the last improvement of the primal solution value (-1: no limit) [-1]

Here are some other SCIP parameters that may enable a fair comparison of the two solvers.

  limits/absgap                solving stops, if the absolute gap = |primalbound - dualbound| is below the given value [0.0]
  limits/bestsol               solving stops, if the given number of solution improvements were found (-1: no limit) [-1]
  limits/gap                      solving stops, if the relative gap = |primal - dual|/MIN(|dual|,|primal|) is below the given value, the gap is 'Infinity', if primal and dual bound have opposite signs [0.0]
  limits/nodes                 maximal number of nodes to process (-1: no limit) [-1]
  limits/objective            set limit on objective function, such that only solutions better than this limit are accepted
  limits/softtime             soft time limit which should be applied after first solution was found (-1.0: disabled) [-1.0]
  limits/solutions            solving stops, if the given number of solutions were found (-1: no limit) [-1]
  limits/time                   maximal time in seconds to run [1e+20]
  limits/totalnodes        maximal number of total nodes (incl. restarts) to process (-1: no limit) [-1]

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Gioni