[SCIP] SCIPgetVarRedcost

Stefan Vigerske svigerske at gams.com
Tue Aug 22 19:48:40 CEST 2023

Hi,

the reason that reduced costs are available for an LP when presolve is
disabled is that in this case, the LP relaxation in SCIP is equivalent
to the problem. So, you can take the dual solution that were computed by
the LP solver for the LP relaxation as dual solution for the problem itself.
If you don't give an LP to SCIP, then the reduced costs you may be able
to obtain in some ways are the ones of an LP relaxation of your problem.
They are very like not connected to what you expect the reduced costs
for a MIQCP to be, whatever that is.
The reason you may be able to obtain values is that some plugins of SCIP
want to access the reduced costs in the LP relaxation and there are no
checks that prevent you from using the same calls.

Stefan