[SCIP] compile scip with papilo

Peter Notebaert mail at peno.be
Tue Jul 4 12:42:19 CEST 2023

I want to compile scip myself and I partly succeeded in it.

First I installed soplex from github:

git clone https://github.com/scipopt/soplex.git

Then I compiled soplex with the following commands:

cd soplex
cmake -Bbuild -H.
cmake --build build --config Release

This succeeds and I can optimize something with soplex

Then I want to build scip. I got the code from github:

git clone https://github.com/scipopt/scip.git

I can then compile scip as follows:

cd scip
cmake -Bbuild -H. -DSOPLEX_DIR=..\soplex\build -DZLIB=off -DREADLINE=off
-DGMP=off -DPAPILO=off -DZIMPL=off -DIPOPT=off
cmake --build build --config Release

This compiles again with microsoft visual studio 2017.

However this gave an error which I already reported previously and will be
fixed.

Specifically:

return this->_tolerances == nullptr ? R(0) : this->tolerances()->epsilon();

I changed to:

return this->_tolerances == nullptr ? R(0) :
(R)this->tolerances()->epsilon();

And then everything compiles fine.

But anyway, this successfully compiles scip and I can successfully use it.

But now I also want to link with papilo. I got the code from
https://github.com/scipopt/papilo

I compile scip with:

cmake -Bbuildpapilo -H. -DSOPLEX_DIR=..\soplex\build -DPAPILO_DIR=..\papilo
-DZLIB=off -DREADLINE=off -DGMP=off  -DZIMPL=off -DIPOPT=off

But that gives an error:

-- Finding PAPILO
-- Could NOT find PAPILO (missing: PAPILO_DIR)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:427 (message):
  PAPILO not found, try specifying PAPILO_DIR.

Do I have to build papilo first before I can link it to scip?

Well I tried that but no luck there also. I looks like papilo also needs
boost which I got from https://github.com/boostorg/boost

I use the following command for this:

cmake .. -DBoost_INCLUDE_DIR=C:\git\boost\libs\config\include
-DBOOST_ROOT=C:\git\boost

But I also get an error here which I can't figure out:

CMake Error at C:/Program
Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.26/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230
(message):
  Could NOT find Boost (missing: program_options) (found suitable version
  "1.83.0", minimum required is "1.65")
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/Program
Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.26/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:600
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.26/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:2377
(find_package_handle_standard_args)
  CMakeLists.txt:50 (find_package)

I am out of ideas now...

Can someone help please?