[SCIP] The difference in solution between SCIP and Gurobi

佐藤信治 s2333057 at edu.cc.uec.ac.jp
Fri Jul 21 10:33:58 CEST 2023

Hello, SCIP experts,

I have a question about the difference between SCIP and Gurobi. SCIP and Gurobi are each B&B (branch and bound) solvers, and I expect that both will give me exact solutions (if I spend enough time). However, Gurobi gives better results than SCIP when solving difficult problems in my environment, and I don't know why. If I set the "max/restarts" parameter of SCIP to 0 to prevent restarts from occurring, I get a slightly better solution, but it is inferior to Gurobi's solution. What is the reason for this difference in solutions? Also, is there any way to get a good solution like Gurobi with SCIP, even if it takes longer?

Maybe my English is strange.

Thank you very much !