[SCIP] Copying SCIP with active pricers fails

Alexander Helber helber at or.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jul 24 11:57:45 CEST 2023

Dear SCIP community,

I am working on a branch-and-price approach for a specific problem and
wanted to add a simple heuristic which solves the same problem with some
variables fixed. I implemented the copying callbacks for my problem data
and pricer, but now face the problem that `SCIPcopy` throws an exception
due to the SCIP copy being in the wrong stage.

The SCIP copy is a freshly created instance and therefore the INIT
stage, as expected by `SCIPcopy` (see `scip_copy:2888` in SCIP 8.0.2).
But then the pricers are added and activated (`set.c:911`), which is
only possible in the PROBLEM stage (`scip_pricer.c:380`). I can not find
a use of `SCIPcopy` with pricing enabled in the codebase of the SCIP
Optimization Suite, so it is unclear to me if I should do something
different here. I would greatly appreciate your help.

All the best
Alex