[SCIP] Questions regarding the gap with MINLP

Stefan Vigerske svigerske at gams.com
Wed Apr 17 14:41:25 CEST 2024

Hi,

the gap works the same way for all problem types in SCIP. The dual and
primal bounds should only move towards each other during the solve and
not shift around.

For a MINLP, the dual bound is also computed by a linear relaxation. To
get this, an outer-approximation is computed for nonlinear constraints.

A still not so old overview on the MINLP capabilities in SCIP is given
in https://arxiv.org/abs/2301.00587
However, as an introduction to the topic, Ksenia's lecture at
CO at work2020 could be a better choice:
https://co-at-work.zib.de/berlin2020/  (thursday, 17.9)

All best,
Stefan