[SCIP] Branching rule for subset of variables

Hewitt, Michael mhewitt3 at luc.edu
Sat Feb 17 05:02:05 CET 2024

I am using SCIP to solve a formulation via branch and price in which there are integer variables other than the ones that are priced out. For example, suppose there are integer variables X, which are enumerated and not priced out. Suppose there are also binary variables Y, which are generated dynamically via pricing.

I have implemented a branching rule that is like Ryan & Foster for when one of the Y variables are fractional. I’ve implemented this by modifying the Bin packing example code.

In the case where all the fractional variables at a node are the X variables (meaning not the ones that need to be priced out), I’d like my branching rule to basically defer to normal SCIP branching. How do I do that?

Thanks, Mike

Mike Hewitt
Professor
Ralph Marotta Endowed Chair in Free Enterprise
Director, Quinlan Business Leadership Hub
Faculty Director, Supply Chain and Sustainability Center
Quinlan School of Business
Loyola University Chicago
312-915-7394
mhewitt3 at luc.edu<mailto:mhewitt3 at luc.edu>