[SCIP] Question on symmetry handling with additional plugins

Matheus Ota matheusota at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 15:43:05 CET 2024

Dear SCIP team,

I've implemented in SCIP/C++ a branch-and-cut algorithm where the
cutting-planes are separated via a constraint handler. I want to add
symmetry handling methods on top of this algorithm (like shifted column
inequalities). So this leads me to the following question.

 - Looking at the documentation I can see that I may be able to do this
easily by just activating a flag (
https://www.scipopt.org/doc/html/SYMMETRY.php). However I wonder if the
additional cutting planes that I add iteratively will affect the symmetry
handling. Do I need to manually include the orbitope plugin? And if so, how
do I do that? Is there any example?

Thank you for your time,
Matheus