[SCIP] Fscip run time

Thorsten Koch koch at zib.de
Wed Jan 17 22:01:56 CET 2024

Hi Pedro,

this problem is too small and easy to profit from Fiber SCIP.

You only have 1 or 3 nodes. fscip parallelizes on a node basis. There is nothing to parallelize.

BR Thorsten

Am 17.01.24 um 20:49 schrieb Pedro Matias Carrancio:
> Hello Scip Team.
>
> I  solved a MINLP by running scip in python with Pyscipopt.
>
> It ran ok , I had optimal response in 25 seconds. I exported the model in attached file. (modelMM.cip)
>
> image.png
>
> Now, I´m trying to solve the same MINLP with fscip.
>
> It run well too, but it takes longer.
>
> -sth 1
>
> image.png
>
> image.png
>
> And the greater the number of threads, the greater the delay.
>
> -sth 3
>
> image.png
>
> image.png
>

> It´s right? I expected that with more threads the time would improve and that with one thread the time would be similar to that of pysicpopt.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Pedro Carrancio.

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Curiosity has its own reason for existing.          -- Albert Einstein
Prof. Dr. Thorsten Koch /       Technische Universität Berlin
www.zib.de/koch        /                   and
koch at zib.de           /          Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)
_____________________/       Takustraße 7, 14195 Berlin, Germany
        and also                Phone +49-30-84185-213, Fax -269
Kooperativer Bibliotheksverbund Berlin Brandenburg (KOBV)
Forschungs- und Kompetenzzentrum Digitalisierung Berlin (digiS)