[SCIP] The emphasis parameters in GCG

Marco Lübbecke marco.luebbecke at rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jan 29 08:49:37 CET 2024

Hi Abbas,

the full list of GCG parameters is in the documentation:
https://gcg.or.rwth-aachen.de/doc-3.5.0/PARAMETERS.html

There are also "emphasis" parameters for heuristics (both, for the
original and master program), cuts separation, detection, etc. with
which you can experiment. To determine "whether different parameter
settings (other than the default) can be useful" I would always first
check the solving statistics: where did you spend the time? In
heuristics? No? Then, obviously, there is no need to reduce heuristics
solving time. Etc. Please directly contact me if you have any
questions.

All the best, Marco

Am Mo., 29. Jan. 2024 um 08:32 Uhr schrieb Abbas Omidi <abb.omidi at gmail.com>:

> Dear support team,
>
> I hope this email finds you well and also have a pleasant year.
> I have used GCG, (pygcgopt - GCG version 3.5.5 [GitHash: da78996a]), to investigate some modeling structures and also its capability to automatically decompose the problems.
> As you know, SCIP has had some useful emphasis setting that helps accelerate the solving process. (E.g. m.setHeuristics(SCIP_PARAMSETTING.FAST)).
> Could you please, is it still relevant to use these kinds of settings in pygcgopt? If not, which one can be applied?
>
> All the best
> Abbas

Prof. Dr. Marco Lübbecke
RWTH Aachen University