[SCIP] Valgrind log showing slightly different solution path in MINLP

Bayramoglu, Selin sbayramoglu3 at gatech.edu
Wed Jan 31 21:58:12 CET 2024

Hello everyone,

I am solving an MINLP with SCIP 8.0.0 with default options and a node limit of 1 and running it with Valgrind (options: --leak-check=full --show-leak-kinds=all --num-callers=50). My program only executes SCIP with no additions. It seems like the solution path of the runs with and without Valgrind are slightly different. The first line after presolve shows that the number of LP iterations are different. To my knowledge SCIP is deterministic in the absence of a time limit so I expect it to have the same solution path in both runs.

In addition, the valgrind log shows no errors but only memory leaks of type “still reachable”. It seems like it is safe to execute the program given these leaks but I wanted to get your opinion on it.

Please find attached the problem file and the logs. Many thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards,

Selin