[SCIP] Quadratic Constraint Modification

Enrico Calandrini e.calandrini at studenti.unipi.it
Mon Jul 15 14:59:24 CEST 2024

Hi everyone,
First of all, thank you all for your amazing work!
I was wondering if someone could help me understand how to properly modify a quadratic constraint, if this is possible. Specifically, I'm adding a quadratic constraint using the function SCIPcreateConsBasicQuadraticNonlinear. Firstly, is this method the correct one in the current version of SCIP? Additionally, it is possible that after the model has been solved, I may need to modify that constraint.
I have noticed that in the constraint handler for quadratic constraints (cons_quadratic.h), there are functions like SCIPchgLinearCoefQuadratic() to modify both linear and quadratic coefficients. However, I'm unsure whether these methods can be used for a constraint created as described above. Moreover, I have seen in the documentation that these changes are allowed only in the problem creation stage, meaning that after a call to SCIPsolve, this constraint can't be modified anymore?
I'm a little bit confused, so thank you in advance for your support!
Enrico Calandrini