[Opt-net] CMU-IBM Cyberinfrastructure Collaborative site for MINLP

Jon Lee jonlee at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 8 14:46:15 MEST 2009

Dear Colleagues,

We want to welcome you the CMU-IBM Cyberinfrastructure Collaborative
site for MINLP:
                                 http://www.minlp.org

and  invite you to contribute to a unique library of MINLP optimization
problems.
This site has been funded by the National Science Foundation, Grant
OCI-0750826.
http://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward.do?AwardNumber=0750826

The major goal of this site is to create a library of optimization
problems
in different application areas in which one or several alternative models
are presented with their derivation. In addition, each model has one or
several instances that can serve to test various algorithms. While we are
emphasizing MINLP models, you may also wish to submit MILP and NLP
models that are relevant to problems that can be formulated as MINLP
problems. The site is intended to provide a mechanism for researchers
and users to contribute towards the creation of this library of
optimization
problems, and to provide a forum of discussion for algorithm developers
and application users where alternative formulations can be discussed as
well as performance and comparison of algorithms. The site  also provides
extensive information on various resources, meetings and  bibliography.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please send them to:
minlp at andrew.cmu.edu

We very much look forward to your participation.

Ignacio Grossmann and Jon Lee, Co-chairs
Committee Members
Pietro Belotti
Larry Biegler
Pedro Castro