[Opt-net] First Annual Conference of the European Region of the Decision Sciences Institute (EDSI) - Barcelona, July 2-3, 2010

Gerhardwilhelm Weber gweber at metu.edu.tr
Tue Mar 9 16:39:42 MET 2010

1st REGIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE EUROPEAN DSI - CALL FOR PAPERS -

The 1st International Conference of the European Decision Sciences
Institute will be held on July 2rd and July 3rd, 2010 at IESE Business
School in Barcelona, Spain. The theme of the conference is European
Decision Sciences: Recent Trends and Future Directions.

We invite basic, applied, theory, and case study research in all
disciplines related to decision making. EDSI welcomes European as well
as international researchers and practitioners who are connected to
topics related to decision sciences. The conference is a great chance
to activate a network on truly European research.

For the first conference of the EDSI both DSI's Immediate Past
President, Ram Narasimhan (Michigan State University), and current
President, Keong Leong (University of Nevada, Las Vegas), have
confirmed their participation. We are very much looking forward to
welcoming them!

Prepare yourself for an exciting conference in one of the greatest
cities in the world: Barcelona!

Dates: Friday, July 2nd, and Saturday, July 3rd, 2010

Venue: IESE Business School in Barcelona

Tracks

As the Conference fosters interdisciplinary research we invite all
disciplines to participate in the following tracks:
o Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability
o Risk Management
o Performance Measurement
o International Management
o The Financial & Economic Crises
o Innovations
o Behavioral approaches

A special focus will be given to topics related to the use of decision
sciences in the realm of retailing.

Further information are available on the conference homepage:
http://www.iese.edu/conferences/edsi2010/

Abstract Submission

Deadline for submission of extended abstracts   April 15th, 2010

Notification of accepted papers                 May 15th, 2010

Deadline for submission of accepted papers      June 15th, 2010

Conference Registration

June 2nd, 2010 Deadline for early bird conference registration (EUR380)*
After June 2nd registration fee will be EUR500

*Note: Non-members will also have to pay the DSI one year membership
fee of $160 to be able to register.

We're looking forward to welcoming you in Barcelona.

In the name of the organizing committee.