[Opt-net] 2nd Call for Abstracts: The 21st International Conference on Multiple Criteria Decision Making

Kaisa Miettinen kaisa.miettinen at jyu.fi
Thu Jan 6 23:15:02 MET 2011

Dear colleagues,

I'd like to draw your attention to the 2nd call for abstracts of the 21st
International Conference on Multiple Criteria Decision Making with the
abstract submission deadline at the end of January. We welcome both practice
and theory oriented presentations as well as software developments.

We'll have different types of sessions in the conference:
https://www.jyu.fi/mcdm2011/Prog/Ses

We also look for partners:
https://www.jyu.fi/mcdm2011/sponsors/call-for-participation-and-partners/cal

In addition, calls for practice oriented papers (Wiley practice prize) and
MCDM doctoral dissertation award are open.

I look forward to seeing many of you in Jyvaskyla, Finland in June 2011.

Yours sincerely,
Kaisa Miettinen
General Chair of MCDM2011

************************************
Professor Kaisa Miettinen, PhD
Industrial Optimization Group
http://www.mit.jyu.fi/optgroup/
Dept. of Mathematical Information Technology P.O. Box 35 (Agora)
FI-40014 University of Jyvaskyla, Finland

tel. +358 14 2604908, +358 50 3732247 (mob.)
fax: +358 14 2602771
email: kaisa.miettinen at jyu.fi
homepage: http://www.mit.jyu.fi/miettine and
    http://www.mit.jyu.fi/miettine/engl.html
My book: Nonlinear Multiobjective Optimization, Kluwer, see
http://www.mit.jyu.fi/miettine/book/

21st Int. Conf. on MCDM: http://www.jyu.fi/mcdm2011/
--------------------------------------

2nd Call for Abstracts

The 21st International Conference on Multiple Criteria Decision Making

Jyväskylä, Finland

June 13-17, 2011

www.jyu.fi/mcdm2011

The biannual Conference aims to bring together researchers and practitioners
who address Multiple Criteria Decision Making and Multiobjective
Optimization.  We expect about 200 participants from all over the world. The
Conference theme is Environment and Policy.

We invite abstracts and discussions relevant to the conference theme as well
as in any areas of Decision Making, Support and Optimization under Multiple
Criteria, especially:

    * Advancements in MCDM Theory
    * New Approaches and Decision Support Systems
    * Multiobjective Optimization
    * Multiple Criteria Decision Aiding
    * Group Decision Making, Negotiations
    * Goal Programming
    * Evolutionary Algorithms and MCDM
    * Multiattribute Utility or Value Theory
    * Preference Modelling
    * Behavioral Issues in Decision Making
    * Risk and Uncertainty
    * Environmental Decision Making
    * Applications of MCDM
    * New Areas where MCDM is Applied, such as DEA, Finance, etc.
    * Computing and Software for MCDM
    * Teaching MCDM

A participant cannot give more than one talk in the conference (except for
discussion sessions). The person who gives a talk, has to submit an
abstract.

The abstract must not exceed 350 words (including possible LaTeX commands).
If you want to submit an abstract, please visit our web-page for detailed
instructions:
www.jyu.fi/mcdm2011/callpapers/submission.

Important dates:

deadline for abstract submission - January 31, 2011; acceptance notification
- not later than February 28, 2011; early-bird and talk presenters
registration - until March 15, 2011; deadline for registration - May 1,
2011.

Please note that if you are going to give a talk at the Conference (after
having your abstract accepted), you must register not later than March 15,
2011.

Selected full papers will be published (after reviewing) in special issues
of several OR journals. They can be submitted after the Conference; the
deadline will be announced later.

Wiley Practice Prize will be awarded during the Conference. To apply for it,
your full paper (practice oriented) should be submitted according to
instructions on our web-site: www.jyu.fi/mcdm2011/callpapers/Wiley . The
finalists are expected to give their talks at the Conference before the
final decision.

During the conference, the International Society on MCDM will honor the MCDM
Doctoral Dissertation Award to a young scholar, who has obtained a doctoral
degree in the MCDM and/or related fields. To apply, please visit
www.jyu.fi/mcdm2011/callpapers/MCDM%20award .

Conference fees:

Regular: early-bird 375 EUR (normal 500 EUR) Student/PhD student: early-bird
200 EUR (normal 300 EUR) Industry participant: early-bird 500 EUR (normal
650 EUR)

The conference fee includes conference materials (e. g. the abstract book);
refreshments and lunches daily; welcome reception (June 12); half-day outing
(June 15), and evening banquet with boat cruise (June 16).
Please visit our web page for some important information concerning
conference fees: www.jyu.fi/mcdm2011/registration/fees .

Organizing committee:

Kaisa Miettinen (General Chair), Univ. of Jyväskylä, Dept. of MIT Jussi
Hakanen, Univ. of Jyväskylä, Dept. of MIT Pekka Salminen, Univ. of
Jyväskylä, School of Business and Economics Tero Tuovinen, Univ. of
Jyväskylä, Dept. of MIT Hannele Wallenius, Aalto University School of
Science and Technology Marja-Leena Rantalainen, (Secretary), Univ. of
Jyväskylä, Dept. of MIT

Program committee:

Pekka Korhonen (Co-chair), Aalto University School of Economics, FINLAND
Jyrki Wallenius (Co-chair), Aalto University School of Economics, FINLAND
Christer Carlsson, Åbo Akademi, FINLAND Kalyanmoy Deb, IIT Kanpur, INDIA &
Aalto University School of Economics, FINLAND Matthias Ehrgott, University
of Auckland, NEW ZEALAND Raimo Hämäläinen, Aalto University School of
Science and Technology, FINLAND Juhani Koski, Tampere University of
Technology, FINLAND Gang Kou, University of Electronic Science and
Technology of China, Chengdu, CHINA Murat Köksalan, Middle East Technical
University, TURKEY Kaisa Miettinen, University of Jyväskylä, FINLAND Jaap
Spronk, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, NETHERLANDS
Ralph E. Steuer, University of Georgia, USA Daniel Vanderpooten, Universite
Paris Dauphine, FRANCE

For further information please visit our conference web-page
www.jyu.fi/mcdm2011

or contact the Conference Secretariat by e-mail: mcdm2011 at mcdmsociety.org .

Prof. Kaisa Miettinen
Organizing Committee, General Chair