[Opt-Net] Invitation to organize a session at IFORS 2014

Miettinen Kaisa kaisa.miettinen at jyu.fi
Wed Dec 18 18:17:36 CET 2013

Dear Colleagues,

We are organizing a stream devoted to Multiobjective Optimization at the IFORS 2014 conference which will be held in Barcelona, Spain next July. We invite you to organize a session in the stream. If you are interested, please, let us know and we can include your session in the electronic Abstract Submission System and you can invite speakers to your session conveniently (a session can naturally have more than one organizer in which case you'll just have to decide who will chair the session). Each session should have 4 talks (this is not flexible). At this point, you can give a tentative title of your session and you can modify it in the Abstract Submission System yourself later. The abstract submission deadline is at the end of January 2014.

We hope that you are interested in organizing a session (or several sessions) and that together we can increase the visibility of multiobjective optimization in this conference! Please, find below some information about the conference. Further information is available at http://www.ifors2014.org/.

If you have any questions, please, do not  hesitate to contact us!

With best regards,
Kaisa Miettinen, Jussi Hakanen and Markus Hartikainen

************************************
Professor Kaisa Miettinen, PhD
Industrial Optimization Group: http://www.mit.jyu.fi/optgroup/ Dept. of Mathematical Information Technology, P.O. Box 35 (Agora)
FI-40014 University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- - -
Vice-rector of the University of Jyvaskyla, https://www.jyu.fi/hallinto/rehtorit/miettinen
- - -
tel. +358 50 3732247 (mob.), fax: +358 14 2602771
email: kaisa.miettinen at jyu.fi
homepage: http://www.mit.jyu.fi/miettine and http://www.mit.jyu.fi/miettine/engl.html
* President of the International Society on MCDM: http://www.mcdmsociety.org/
* My book: Nonlinear Multiobjective Optimization, Kluwer:  http://www.mit.jyu.fi/miettine/book/

IFORS 2014
Barcelona, Spain, July 13-18 2014
http://www.ifors2014.org

*Important dates***

Abstract submissions closes: 31 January 2014
Early Registration: 1 November 2013- 28 February 2014: http://ifors2014.com/registration
Regular Registration:   1 March - 30 April 2014
Late and on-site registration:1 May - 13 July 2014

The IFORS 2014 Triennial Conference will be held in Barcelona, Spain, July 13-18 2014. It will bring operational researchers from around the globe together.

Barcelona is a dynamic, open, and inviting city, in the Mediterranean coast of Spain, which displays the characteristics of major Mediterranean cities and inherits a millenarian tradition in science,  art and commerce. The venue is Barcelona International Convention  Center, which was built for Barcelona's International Cultural Forum in  2002 and counts with all the facilities to host major conferences.

The Conference Organizing and Program Committees together represent many countries from all five continents, bringing the research, applications and perspectives of their areas to this international forum. We are working to prepare an attractive scientific program covering the full spectrum of topics in our field, with a diverse and high quality number of participants sharing their knowledge and experience of operational research.

All attendees, including speakers and session chairs, must register and pay the registration fee. If you need an early confirmation for visa or budgetary reasons, please contact
info at ifors2014.org.

For all other aspects, please contact
secretariatifors2014 at pacifico-meetings.com