[Opt-Net] IPCO 2013 Call for Participation

Jose Correa correa at uchile.cl
Wed Jan 2 21:28:20 MET 2013

IPCO 2013 Call for Participation and Announcements
https://www.cec.uchile.cl/~ipco2013/index.html

The 16th Conference on Integer Programming and Combinatorial
Optimization (IPCO XVI), will be held March 18-20, 2013, at
Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria in Valparaiso, Chile. The
conference is a forum for researchers and practitioners working on
various aspects of integer programming and combinatorial optimization.
The aim is to present recent developments in theory, computation, and
applications. The scope of IPCO is viewed in a broad sense, to include
algorithmic and structural results in integer programming and
combinatorial optimization as well as revealing computational studies
and novel applications of discrete optimization to practical problems.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1. Registration is open with the early registration deadline being Jan 31.

2. We have blocked a number of rooms at the conference hotel at a
special rate of $120 dollars per room (including breakfast and taxes).
The deadline to get this rate is Jan 10. Please fill in the hotel reg
form under "Local Information".

3. As in previous years, we will have a summer school on the days
following IPCO. Francois Margot and Samuel Fiorini will give courses.
We have around twenty $400 grants for students interested in attending
IPCO and the Summer School. Please let your students know of this
opportunity.

4. IPCO will hold a poster session for the first time and is meant to
be an extended discussion, to promote research carried out by the
youngest members of the community. We thus
welcome posters from PhD students and Postdocs on research in any of
the IPCO themes. In order to present a poster, authors must email a
one page abstract of the poster to ipco2013 at dim.uchile.cl by Jan 11,
2013. Posters should be designed to fit within a space that is 85cm
wide and 110cm high, and may consist of a single printed poster or
separate
pieces.