[Opt-Net] Associate Professor in Operational Research

Joerg Fliege J.Fliege at soton.ac.uk
Tue Apr 1 10:17:47 CEST 2014

Location:  Highfield Campus, University of Southampton
Salary:   £46,400 to £58,320
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date:   Wednesday 30 April 2014
Interview Date:   To be confirmed
Reference:  383614PJ

Applications are invited for the position of Associate Professor in
Operational Research (OR).

Be a part of the University of Southampton, an institution in the top
1% of world Universities and one of the UK's top 15 research-intensive
universities.  We have an international reputation for research,
teaching and enterprise activities.

The OR Group is one of our groups in Mathematical Sciences.  The Group
has strengths both in optimization and in stochastic modelling, and in
applications to healthcare and logistics.  Further information on the
work of the OR Group can be found at:

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/maths/research/groups/operational_research.page

You will conduct research at international level in OR, applying for
externally-funded research grants, supervision of research students,
and teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students including the
supervision of MSc projects that are based in industry.  You will also
be expected to perform administrative duties that contribute towards
the effective management of Mathematical Sciences.

You will havea PhD in OR or a related discipline, and an established
high-quality research track record, ideally including successful
research grant applications. We encourage strong candidates with
leadership potential from any area of OR with research interests in
developing new methodology and in applications to practical problems.

Informal enquiries can be made at any time to:

Professor Chris Potts via email: C.N.Potts at southampton.ac.uk  or tel.
+44 (0)23 8059 3651.

The position is tenable from 1 June, 2014, or as soon as possible thereafter.

The closing date for this vacancy is 30 April 2014.

Application procedure:

You should submit your completed online application form at
www.jobs.soton.ac.uk. If you require any assistance, please contact
Charlene Tyson on +44 (0) 23 8059 6803. Please quote reference
383614PJ on all correspondence.