[Opt-Net] PhD Opportunities at the University of Newcastle, Australia
Raymond.Chiong at newcastle.edu.au
Mon May 4 12:10:32 CEST 2015
We are looking for outstanding PhD candidates (starting in 2016) in the
1. Evolution of N-player cooperation (see )
2. Energy-efficient production scheduling*
3. Stock market prediction with sentiment analysis and physiological
4. Algorithm selection and benchmarking based on combinatorial optimisation
problems^ (e.g., see )
* with the option of spending 6 months x 2 at Tsinghua University, China
during the candidature
^ with the option of spending 6 months x 2 at the University of Science and
Technology of China during the candidature
If you have:
- completed at least four years of undergraduate study and have attained
Honours Class 1 or equivalent;
- proven English proficiency (IELTS of at least 7.0);
- international peer reviewed research publications;
- a master degree with strong research components (especially if you have
only a 3-year undergraduate degree);
then please get in touch by submitting a Resume in PDF to Raymond.Chiong at
newcastle.edu.au (replace at with @) clearly highlighting the above.
 R. Chiong and M. Kirley, Effects of iterated interactions in
multi-player spatial evolutionary games, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary
Computation, vol. 16(4), pp. 537-555, 2012.
 T. Weise, R. Chiong, J. Lässig, K. Tang, S. Tsutsui, W. Chen, Z.
Michalewicz and X. Yao, Benchmarking optimization algorithms: An open
source framework for the traveling salesman problem, IEEE Computational
Intelligence Magazine, vol. 9(3), pp. 40-52, 2014.
Dr. Raymond Chiong, SMIEEE
The University of Newcastle, Australia
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Opt-Net