[Opt-Net] MODU2016: Extension of Registration Deadline and Third Announcement

Andrew Eberhard andy.eb at rmit.edu.au
Mon May 16 05:16:41 CEST 2016

MODU2016: Extension of Registration Deadline and Third Announcement
If you have already registered for MODU2016 or if you have
have already contacted us to make special arrangements please ignore this
email.
Please feel free to forward this message onto any colleagues who you think
might
be interested in attending MODU2016.

The registration deadline has been extended from the 15th of May to the
31st of May.

The Mathematical Optimisation Down Under workshop will be held in
Melbourne, 18th to 22nd of July 2016.
The workshop is designed to bring together researchers working in various
areas of modern mathematical
optimisation, to prompt an exchange of ideas between Australian and
overseas researchers. The workshop
is focussed on the modern aspects of optimisation that involve deep
interplay between computational problems
and pure mathematical questions. We especially encourage participation of
students and early career researchers.

Confirmed Keynotes:
Prof. Heinz Bauschke - University of British Columbia
Prof. Jonathan Borwein - University of Newcastle
Prof. Xiaojun Chen - The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Prof. Aris Daniilidis - University of Chile
Prof. Gabriele Eichfelder - TU Ilmenau
Prof. Jeya Jeyakumar - University of New South Wales
Dr. Guoyin Li - University of New South Wales
Prof. Jeff Linderoth - University of Wisconsin-Madison
Prof. Pablo Parrilo - Massachusetts Institute of Technology (NEW)
Prof. Jie Sun - Curtin University

We would now like to invite you to formally register for this event.
For registration and payment please follow this link:
https://rmit.onestopsecure.com/OneStopWeb/Modu2016 .

Full conference fee: $250
Reduced fee for AMSI/AustMS members: $200
Student fee: $100

Workshop dates: 18-22 July 2016.
The workshop will be held at the Radisson Hotel, located on 380 William St,
Melbourne VIC 3000,
opposite the Flagstaff Gardens.
(http://www.radisson.com/melbourne-hotel-vi-3000/ausmelb)

The current deadline for registration for MODU2016 has been extended from
15th
May to the 31st of May. Those of you that have expressed a desire to attend
and
have not yet registered we would like to encourage you to do so now so we
can
firm up our final numbers for attendance.

To keep up to date with information that pertains to MODU2016 please
regularly visit the
Mathematical Optimisation Down Under2016 (MODU2016)
Website:  http://www.modu2016.org/

Best Regards,

Organisers
Prof. Jonathan Borwein