[Opt-Net] BCAM - Second Bilbao Data Science Workshop, November 16-17, 2017
cdominguez at bcamath.org
Fri Oct 27 11:45:23 CEST 2017
BCAM - Data Science Research Area is organizing the *Second Bilbao Data
*November 16-17, 2017. *
The *Second BiDAS* (Bilbao DAta Science) workshop at the BCAM focuses on
attracting researchers in a variety of fields involving Data Science
research. This workshop will feature five keynote and ten invited speakers
exploring the nature of the relationship between Statistics, Computer
Science and Mathematics to develop synergies among the fields.
*List of topics are:*
• Bayesian and High-dimensional Statistics
• Biostatistics, Bioinformatics and Omics data
• Environmental Statistics
• Artificial Intelligence
• Feature subset selection
• Probabilistic Graphical Models
• Bayesian Networks
*Confirmed Keynote speakers:*
• Gavin BROWN (School of Computer Science, University of Manchester, UK)
• Jeanine HOUWING (Leeds Institute for Data Analytics, University of Leeds,
• Dorota KUROWICKA (Delft University of Technology, Netherlands)
• José M. PEÑA (Dept. of Computer and Information Science Linköpings
• Sujit SAHU (Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, University of Southampton, UK)
• Malu CALLE (Biosciences Department, University of Vic, Spain).
• David CONESA (Dept. of Statistics and Operations Research, University of
• Inés COUSO (Dept. of Statistics and Operational Research, University of
• Jacobo de UÑA (Dept. of Statistics and Operations Research, University of
• Juan José del COZ (Computer Science Department, University of Oviedo,
• José Antonio GÁMEZ MARTÍN (Computer Systems Department, University of
Castilla la Mancha, Spain).
• Virgilio GÓMEZ RUBIO (Dept. of Mathematics, University of Castilla la
• Pepa RAMÍREZ COBO (Dept. of Statistics and Operations Research,
University of Cádiz, Spain).
• Cristina RUEDA (Dept. of Statistics and Operations Research, University
of Valladolid, Spain).
• Basilio SIERRA (Faculty of Informatics, University of the Basque Country
*Registration form: *https://goo.gl/forms/3eEZipuNU2GIQSQG3
*Deadline: November 9, 2017*
*Poster presentation (abstract submission):*
There will be a poster session on Thursday 16 from 17 to 18 (up to 10
posters), we encourage undergraduate, Master students, PhD students and
Postdocs to submit a short abstract. The scientific committee will inform
you if your abstract is selected for presentation.
*Deadline: November 9, 2017*
*Submission procedure: *
Please download the template from *https://goo.gl/fT63sX
<https://goo.gl/fT63sX> *and upload both .tex and .pdf directly in the
registration form or send them to bidas at bcamath.org.
*BCAM - * Basque Center for Applied Mathematics
Alameda de Mazarredo, 14
48009 Bilbao, Spain
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Opt-Net