[Opt-Net] Open positions as a post-doctoral researcher at the University of Jyvaskyla, Finland

Miettinen, Kaisa kaisa.miettinen at jyu.fi
Wed Apr 11 07:03:07 CEST 2018

Dear Recipient,

Please, note that there are open post-doctoral researcher positions at the Faculty of Information Technology<https://www.jyu.fi/it/en>, University of Jyvaskyla in Finland. The positions will be filled as of July 1, 2018 or as agreed (contract length maximum of four years). The application deadline is April 29, 2018.

The research area "mathematical information technology (inc. data communication)" mentioned in the call includes the Industrial Optimization Group working on multiobjective optimization as well as decision/prescriptive analytics and data-driven optimization (including machine learning and artificial intelligence). So, (recently graduated) researchers with a doctoral degree in any of these areas are most welcome to apply!

We welcome new, talented members to the Industrial Optimization Group. The group works on methods, software and applications of multiobjective optimization. Examples of our research interests are interactive methods and evolutionary methods with both simulation-based and data-driven problems. For example, we are developing an open source software framework for interactive multiobjective optimization methods (http://www.mit.jyu.fi/optgroup/desdeo.html - we also have a 1,5 year post-doctoral researcher position in this project open). Furthermore, we are actively involved in a thematic research area called Decision Analytics utilizing Causal Models and Multiobjective Optimization (DEMO), see http://www.jyu.fi/demo where the objective is to support data-driven decision making. In this, we develop new methods and have applications in a range of areas from learning, to health and well-being  as well as energy. For further information of the Industrial Optimization Group, see http://www.mit.jyu.fi/optgroup.

Please, forward this announcement to those who might be interested in the positions. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions.

For information about application guidelines and a link to the electronic application system, see

https://rekry.saima.fi/certiahome/open_job_view.html?did=5600&jc=12&id=00005067&lang=fi

With best regards, Kaisa Miettinen
************************************
Professor Kaisa Miettinen, PhD
University of Jyvaskyla
Industrial Optimization Group: http://www.mit.jyu.fi/optgroup/
Faculty of Information Technology, P.O. Box 35 (Agora)
FI-40014 University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- - -
Director of the thematic research area Decision Analytics utilizing Causal Models and Multiobjective Optimization, http://www.jyu.fi/demo
- - -
tel. +358 50 3732247 (mob.)