[Opt-Net] RWTH OR PhD or postdoc position for 3+3 years

Marco Lübbecke marco.luebbecke at rwth-aachen.de
Mon Aug 27 09:53:00 CEST 2018

Research and Teaching Assistant
Mathematics or Computer Science

The chair of operations research at RWTH Aachen University invites
applications for a full-time PhD or postdoc position as a research and
teaching assistant, to be filled for three years, plus a potential
(and desirable) extension by another three years. Members of our group
have backgrounds in discrete mathematics or theoretical computer
science. Research interests span the full range from foundational
research to industry strength applications. We work on combinatorial
and integer optimization, in particular decomposition methods,
graph-based optimization problems, machine learning, algorithm
engineering, and other methods-driven areas of operations
research. Currently, we have three postdocs, six research assistants
and 25 student assistants working at the chair.

You graduated in mathematics or computer science (M.Sc. or comparable)
and bring a profound knowledge of mathematical (in particular
combinatorial and integer) optimization. Ideally, you like theory and
practice alike. You have very good implementation skills, take
responsibility and don't give up easily. You are a team player. Please
indicate whether you would be interested in becoming part of the GCG
team.

You will conduct research in mathematical optimization and strive for
a PhD.  The position comes with a teaching obligation. Even though we
also teach in English, learning/knowledge of the German language is a
plus.

The position is full-time, according to the TV-L E13 scheme and for
three years (plus a possible extension for another three years).

The official opening is here:
http://www.rwth-aachen.de/cms/root/Die-RWTH/Jobs-Ausbildung/Jobboerse/~kbag/JOB-Einzelansicht/file/23860/

Please apply until August 31, 2018 with a single PDF file of your
material. Additionally, send (a draft of) your most recent thesis as
PDF.