[Opt-Net] Open tenure track position in data analytics at the University of Jyvaskyla, Finland

Miettinen, Kaisa kaisa.miettinen at jyu.fi
Tue Dec 8 12:21:32 CET 2020

Dear Recipient,

We have an open tenure track position (assistant or associate professor) in data analytics at the Faculty of Information Technology, University of Jyvaskyla in Finland. The application deadline is January 15, 2021. For more information about e.g. requirements and what we can offer, see https://rekry.saima.fi/certiahome/open_job_view.html?did=5600&jc=12&id=000010090&lang=fi. Applications are to be submitted via the online application system -  click the blue button (Apply for the job) at the top of the above-mentioned page.
This position is in the faculty’s research areas computational science.
An example of research fields related to data analytics at the faculty is multiobjective optimization with decision/prescriptive analytics and data-driven optimization (including machine learning and artificial intelligence). These are in the focus of the Multiobjective Optimization Group (www.mit.jyu.fi/optgroup<http://www.mit.jyu.fi/optgroup>). In this group, we develop, implement and apply multiobjective optimization methods, in particular, interactive methods. We work with both mathematical optimization methods and heuristics like evolutionary algorithms and tackle challenges of real (both simulation-based and data-driven) problems. We also develop an open source software (DESDEO framework, desdeo.it.jyu.fi<http://desdeo.it.jyu.fi>) and visualizations; and we apply artificial intelligence and machine learning tools in supporting decision making.
The Group and the faculty are actively involved in the so-called profiling area DEMO – Decision Analytics utilizing Causal Models and Multiobjective Optimization (jyu.fi/demo<https://jyu.fi/demo>), where researchers across faculties collaborate (e.g. in statistics, data science and operations research/optimization).
Information about research at the faculty: www.jyu.fi/it/en/research<http://www.jyu.fi/it/en/research>
A video of the beautiful campus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzOFSsGI2WY
If you know someone who might be interested, please, forward this email.

We also have open tenure track positions (with the same deadline) in technical cybersecurity:
https://rekry.saima.fi/certiahome/open_job_view.html?did=5600&jc=12&id=000010091&lang=fi and cognitive science within information technology:
https://rekry.saima.fi/certiahome/open_job_view.html?did=5600&jc=12&id=000010089&lang=fi.

With best regards, Kaisa Miettinen
************************************
Professor Kaisa Miettinen, PhD
University of Jyvaskyla
Multiobjective Optimization Group: http://www.mit.jyu.fi/optgroup/
(our group name has changed!)
Faculty of Information Technology, P.O. Box 35 (Agora)
FI-40014 University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- - -
* Director of the thematic research area Decision Analytics utilizing Causal Models
and Multiobjective Optimization, http://www.jyu.fi/demo
- - -
tel. +358 50 3732247 (mob.)
email: kaisa.miettinen at jyu.fi