[Opt-Net] Tenure Track Professor of Didactics of Mathematics, Graz, Austria

Moser, Melanie (melanie.moser@uni-graz.at) melanie.moser at uni-graz.at
Mon Feb 22 13:08:52 CET 2021

Dear madams and sirs,

could you please distribute following job offer by your mailing list? I don't want to subscribe myself, but it could be of interest for your subscribers, as in case of equal qualifications, women will receive priority consideration.

Thank you and best regards,
Melanie Moser

https://jobs.uni-graz.at/en/KS/1/99/6665

At the University of Graz, researchers and students work across a broad disciplinary spectrum to enlarge our knowledge, and find strategies to deal with challenges our society is confronted with and to shape tomorrow's world. The University of Graz is a place which combines high quality academic research and teaching, where achievement is rewarded, careers are promoted, and social diversity is encouraged - all within a modern, award-winning working environment. Our motto: We work for tomorrow. Join us!

At the Institute of Mathematics and Scientific Computing at the Faculty of Natural Sciences, the University of Graz is seeking to appoint a

Tenure Track Professor of Didactics of Mathematics

(40 hours per week; selection procedure in accordance with Section 99 (5) of the Universities Act (UG). Initially the successful candidate starts as an Assistant Professor with a qualification agreement for a fixed term tenure phase of six years. After successful completion of the qualification goals the position will be converted into a permanent Associate Professor position in accordance with the Salaried Employees Act (AngG). Expected starting date October 1st 2021)

The successful candidate will be responsible for the subject of "Didactics of Mathematics" in theory and in practice. He/she contributes to research-oriented teaching in the didactics of mathematics, conducts projects on teaching methodology and reaches out to non-university educational institutions. The post holder will possess solid knowledge of mathematics and be qualified to conduct didactic research. An integration into the faculty's Didactic Centre for Natural Sciences and Mathematics (DINAMA) is expected; cooperation with the research groups at the institute is preferred.

Employment requirements:

* Austrian or equivalent foreign higher education degree corresponding with the position (doctorate/PhD) in the field of Mathematics or Didactics of Mathematics

* Outstanding academic qualifications in research and teaching in the relevant discipline and for the profile of the professorship (commensurate with stage of academic career)

* Several years of experience as post-doc or in a similar position

* Skills in attracting subject-specific project grants

* Skills in higher education didactics and online teaching

* Gender mainstreaming skills

* Research and publication record in the didactics of mathematics

* Very good knowledge of German and English

* Experience in networking and presenting in German-speaking countries

The successful candidate will be highly motivated, aiming for academic excellence and integrity in research and teaching. He/she will have demonstrated ability to collaborate constructively in a responsible manner and inspire colleagues and students in an interdisciplinary, internationally oriented context.

We offer a diverse, challenging, team-oriented working environment and a high degree of personal responsibility. Working hours are flexible and there are many options for further education and personal development.

Classification

Salary scheme of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Staff (Universitäten-KV): B1 or A2 with qualificational agreement with conclusion of the Qualification Agreement.

Minimum salary

The minimum remuneration as stated in the Collective Bargaining Agreement is EUR 55242.60 gross per year or EUR 65328.20 gross per year with qualificational agreement with conclusion of the Qualification Agreement.

Application deadline: March 17th 2021 Reference number: KS/1/99 ex 2020/21

Planned dates of the applicant's presentation: 25. - 26. May 2021

The University of Graz is committed to increasing the proportion of female employees, especially in leadership roles. We therefore encourage qualified female colleagues in particular to apply for this position. In case of equal qualifications, women will receive priority consideration.

Please submit your application documents (in German or English) in accordance with the general application guidelines (which can be found at (http://jobs.uni-graz.at/en/Auswahlverfahren-Tenure-Track) before the stated deadline. Your application documents should include the reference number of the position and be sent by email to:

bewerbung.tenure-track at uni-graz.at
For further information please contact Prof. Kristian Bredies (kristian.bredies at uni-graz.at).