[Opt-Net] [ITDS-Warning: SPAM] Two permanent lectureships in mathematical modelling

Joerg Fliege J.Fliege at soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 26 16:14:43 CET 2024

The University of Southampton invites applications for *two* permanent
Lectureships in Mathematical Modelling. Candidates working at the
interface between Operational Research and Applied Mathematical
Modelling are particularly encouraged to apply. It is intended for the
positions to start on 1 October 2024 or as soon as possible afterwards.

 1.   Lectureship focused on mathematical modelling for a sustainable
    future, with applications to energy, climate, biology, medicine, or
    the health sciences.
 2. Lectureship focused on computational modelling of real-world
    systems, ideally with connection to the mathematics of data science
    and artificial intelligence.

We are looking for candidates who are passionate about research and
education and pursue novel applications of mathematics that can make a
real difference in the world. To support our research strategy, we place
emphasis on growing our expertise in sustainable processes and
computational modelling in a wide range of possible applications and
contexts.

Strong applicants should demonstrate:

  * a doctorate and postdoctoral experience in a relevant discipline
  * ability to obtain peer-reviewed funding
  * evidence of distinction in research through high-quality publications
  * ability for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching
  * commitment to improving equality, diversity and inclusion through
    new initiatives in research and education

Closing date: Friday 22 March 2024.

Further details can be found at
https://jobs.soton.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=2628924PJ