[Scip] Regarding a MIP problem

Tobias Achterberg achterberg at zib.de
Fri Dec 8 12:56:29 MET 2006

Hi Gaurav,

I think it should be useful to remove the integrality restriction on the integer
objective variable. It will be integral anyway for every solution that is LP optimal
and integral for the binary variables.

Unfortunately, SCIP is not able to detect this implied integer property. Thus, it
might unnecessary branch on this variable or create cuts enforcing the integrality
and so on. I removed the integrality restriction, and the root node bound gets to 3
(the optimal value), which was not the case with the integrality restriction.

For this, you should disable strongcg cuts; they only seem to hurt performance:
separating/strongcg/freq = -1

cmir-cuts, however, seem to be slow but useful to find the 3 in the root node:
separating/cmir/freq = 0 (the default setting)

Tobias