[Scip] Overly motivated presolver?

Tobias Achterberg achterberg at zib.de
Wed Sep 24 12:39:24 MEST 2008

Okay. This means we have to dig deeper into the problem. If we are fast enough, then the
bug fix could still make it into the new release.

Just to summarize: if you do

constraints/linear/maxprerounds = 0
presolving/dualfix/maxrounds = 0
presolving/probing/maxrounds = 0
presolving/implics/maxrounds = 0
presolving/inttobinary/maxrounds = 0
presolving/trivial/maxrounds = 0

the problem is gone, but if you do

constraints/linear/maxprerounds = 0
presolving/dualfix/maxrounds = 0
presolving/probing/maxrounds = 0
presolving/implics/maxrounds = 0
presolving/inttobinary/maxrounds = 0

(without the "trivial"), the problem is still there. You also mentioned that disabling
"trivial" but enabling "probing" instead also produces the bug, but let's concentrate on
"trivial" for now since it is much simpler than "probing".

So, what you should do is to use the above settings without the "trivial" deactivation,
and add a

#define SCIP_DEBUG

to the very beginning of <your scip>/src/scip/presol_trivial.c.

You should also use SCIP in debug mode ("make OPT=dbg"). Maybe, an assert will be
triggered that tells us what goes wrong.

Then, send the output to Timo and me (but not to the list, since our joint debugging
session may not be that interesting for everyone).

Tobias