[Scip] LP Error (CPLEX)

Tobias Achterberg achterberg at zib.de
Mon Sep 29 14:35:26 MEST 2008

Julian Lamberty wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Another Problem has occured in our described column generation problem
> (The "Overly motivated presolver" thread).
>
> In some constellations (changes in the objective function, varying the
> number of paths initially generated before pricing) the following error
> comes up:
>
> [src/scip/lpi_cpx.c:475] ERROR: LP Error: CPLEX returned 1014
> [src/scip/lpi_cpx.c:1931] ERROR: Error <-6> in function call
> khc3: src/scip/lpi_cpx.c:449: checkParameterValues: Assertion
> `curparam.intparval[i] == par.intparval[i]' failed.
> Abort
>
> What does this mean?

The CPLEX 1014 error means "Parameter value too small", and the location you mentioned is
for CPXsetintparam(). This is strange.

Let's try to find out which parameter it is. In line lpi_cpx.c:472, there is the code

          SCIPdebugMessage("setting CPLEX int parameter %d from %d to %d\n",
             intparam[i], curparam.intparval[i], cpxparam->intparval[i]);

Could you please replace the "SCIPdebugMessage" with "printf"?

Tobias