[Scip] unexplainable behaviour of probing

Frank Hennig frank.hennig at iot.ntnu.no
Mon Aug 3 18:05:28 MEST 2009

Dear SCIP experts,

I want to use probing during a pricer. If I do that the optimization log
behaves strange.

If I disregard my probing and just call SCIPstartProbing followed by
SCIPnedProbing during my pricer it, at some point, sets the dual bound
to the known primal bound with a resulting gap of 0%.

The next log line reports a heuristically found solution that improved
the primal solution and reports the new primal (upper) bound and the
current dual (lower) bound. The lower bound is larger than the upper
bound.

The final log line corrects the dual bound to the lower primal bound
value and concludes optimality.

The whole thing doesn't happen without the two probing code lines.

How can this be?

Regards,

Frank