[Scip] Interrupt solving immediately when a solution is found

Frank Hennig frank.hennig at iot.ntnu.no
Mon Sep 7 17:56:07 MEST 2009

Hi,

I am looking for a way to stopp the solving of a MIP immediately after
SCIP finds a solution.

The problem is that I want to terminate the solving after the first
negative primal solution has been found.

Now I check all solutions in the pool for negativity by using a
heuristic. But the heuristic is called to seldom.

Sometimes my heuristic is applied 20 seconds after a negative solution
has bben found.

To set an objective limit slightly negative and terminate after the
first solution has been found does not work. If no solution is found in
the root node SCIP accepts the objective limit as solution.

Thanks,

Regards, Frank

Frank Hennig  -  Naval Architect, PhD Candidate

Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management

Alfred Getz veg 3

NO-7491 Trondheim, Norway

Phone:   +49 30 314 23 598

Email:      frank.hennig at iot.ntnu.no