[Scip] Interrupt solving immediately when a solution is found

Stefan Heinz heinz at zib.de
Tue Sep 8 09:32:26 MEST 2009

Hi Frank,

> I am looking for a way to stopp the solving of a MIP immediately after
> SCIP finds a solution.
If you set the solution limit to one than SCIP stops right after the first
solution is found. For the interactive shell this looks like:

SCIP> set limits solutions 1

> The problem is that I want to terminate the solving after the first
> negative primal solution has been found.
>
> Now I check all solutions in the pool for negativity by using a
> heuristic. But the heuristic is called to seldom.
To be able to check every solution (almost) right after the solution was
found, you could implement an event handler which waits for the event that a
solution is found (SCIP_EVENTTYPE_SOLFOUND) and executes then your method.

Best Stefan