[Scip] Gurobi LP interface

Marc Pfetsch m.pfetsch at tu-bs.de
Thu Apr 22 13:36:53 MEST 2010

Hi Eamonn,

the Gurobi-Interface in SCIP is not really working and I strongly
recommend to currently not use it. The main point is that Gurobi
currently does not offer access to some important functionality, e.g.,
some basis information which is heavily used in SCIP. As a consequence I
doubt that SCIP with Gurobi can currently be as fast (or faster) than
other LP-solvers (although I do not have empirical information). I hope
that Gurobi in the future will allow access to the required
functionality. Another consequence is that because of this I have lost
interest in the Interface, so it is not really well maintained.

So my current recommendation for you would be to use another LP-solver.

In any case, I will have a look into the problems you describe.

Maybe you can answer the following questions off the list:

Can you send me an example where this happens or are you creating the
constraints on your own? Which version of Gurobi are you using?

Note that some solvers need to split up ranged rows in any case, which
is usually done automatically.

Best,

Marc